The whole Northern Lake District is a haven for walkers and those that enjoy ‘the great outdoors’. There are many other activities in the area to choose from though, including cycling, water sports, fishing, bird watching and golf.
Below are a selection of website links to activities near Bassenthwaite. There are many activities, for all ages and abilities, in the Lake District and Cumbria.
Please browse the sites below:
- Lake District WalksIdeas for walks in the area
- Pace the PeaksGuided walking tours, differentiated for all levels
- Platty PlusSailing lessons on Derwentwater
- Keswick Golf ClubStunning mountain course in Threlkeld
- Cockermouth Golf ClubPlay the 18 hole James Braid designed course at Embleton
- Watendlath Trout FishingNo permits required for this weekly stocked tarn
- Bassenthwaite Sailing ClubA really beautiful inland sailing water surrounded by the northern fells
- Keswick Climbing WallExcellent facilities near town centre
- Keswick Canoe CompanyCanoeing adventures for all abilities
- Cumbria GyroplanesTake a flight in a gyroplane, the Lake District from above!
- Keswick ExtremeOutdoor adventure activities for groups or individuals
Places of Interest
- Theatre by the LakeFamous theatre located near Lake Derwentwater
- The Pencil MuseumWorld famous museum of pencils
- Alhambra CinemaCosy, traditional cinema in Keswick
- Honister Slate MineWatch slate splitting
- Mirehouse Historic HouseHistorical house
- Keswick LaunchCruises on Derwentwater
- Osprey viewpointVisit the Osprey viewpoint at Dodd Wood
- The Lake District Wildlife ParkBeautiful 24 acre parkland and see over 100 animal species
- Jennings BreweryTraditional beers produced in Cockermouth
Further information can be found on the Keswick Tourist Information website www.keswick.org or by telephoning the Tourist Information Centre on 017687 72645.